On Fri, 21 Dec 2001 14:50, Tarragon Allen wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Dec 2001 14:32, Eduardo M. A. M. Mendes wrote:
[SNIPT]
> > How can I create /dev/sda4?  Or how can I mount /dev/sda4?
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > Ed
>
> The 4 in the sda4 is supposed to refer to a partition number on the drive.
> I suspect that Zip drives don't have that many partitions.
>
> Does "mount -t vfat /dev/sda /mnt/zip2" work?  Do you have any other SCSI
> drives?

No, the sda4 *is* correct for any Zip cartridges, unless they have been
reformatted (e.g. to ext2). The weird data partition number has, AFAIR, to do
with both MacOS & VFAT partition tables being present on the disk, or at
least *potentially* present.

As others have answered, either the devfs or the supermount (or an evil combo
of the two) are the most likely suspects in this scenario

--
john in syd