On Mon, 31 Dec 2001 16:20:36 -0800 (PST)
Ken Nowack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> studiouisly spake these words to
ponder:

> --- Lee Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Try "smb start" from a command line?
> >
> Yes, I have smb service running. Xinetd is running
> too. Webmin is running too. The current version of
> samba is installed also.
>
> swat won't connect - error "cannot connect: localhost
> is broken"
>
> webmin won't connect - error "connection refused"
>
> So, now I'm off to the wonderful world of text samba
> configuration.

Ken,

you're getting those errors because Apache "isn't" running. your
webserver is off-line. See previous post about starting webserver and
checking it's status.

--
daRcmaTTeR
If at first you don't succeed do what your wife told you to do

Registered Linux User 182496
Mandrake 8.1
  6:05pm  up 16 days,  9:54,  2 users,  load average: 0.06, 0.12, 0.09