richard wrote:

>Hi
>will this work
>/sbin/iptables -A INPUT -p 93 -i eth1 -j ACCEPT
>
>I have been asking for help on both lists for 2 weeks , it seems that
>unless your face fits , its a very private club
>
>bg Richard
>system now hacked as I cant put a firewall up without destroying the ip
>tunnel,.
>Strange that after I put my inet address as an example of what I was
>trying to do , I had 2 people ftp'd in and played

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Hindsight:

reverse the numbers of your ip for what you are trying to do or
substitute them for values/variables like "localip", "remoteip",
"localnet", and so on.

To your question:

What are you trying to do as I haven't been watching any threads
concerning firewalls. Even though I have questions of my own concerning
that subject. Are you saying that you are trying to setup firewall to
tunnel through port 93 through your eth1 interface? My knowledge of
iptables is limited compared to my knowledge of ipchains. I have to work
with both, really. My firewall/router uses ipchains and each of my
computers on my network individually are configured with iptables. The
solution to your answer will be an additiion to my firewalls. As far as
you being hacked, you don't have prelude, tripwire, or any other
intrusion detection programs? If not, that sucks and we live and we learn .

altoine

altoine