It does have better IP6 support than Linux though.. I heard...

and it does NOT have the /proc filesystem for checking whats going on in
your linux system.

I dont think they have as advanced FS support either.. IMO

Probably over 70% of software on a BSD install is GNU though, also you
can make proprietry stuff with BSD source, you cant do that with Linux.
  That openess is why Linux is more popular with the "hacking" culture
now common. Not so many people want there work being borrrowed by
companys impoved and not getting the improvements back into the open
source pool of development.

JG