On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:31:34 -0600
"G. T. Francisco, III" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I usually boot to a non GUI prompt. I login as root, type kdm and I get
> the KDM screen. However on 8.1, I noticed that while on the KDM screen,
> the "Shutdown" option only gives 2 options: Shutdown and Reboot. On 8.0,
> there was a 3rd option: "Command Line"

Ooooo...ooooo....I know!

This is my new favorite trick.  you can even do this while you're logged in.

type Ctrl-Alt-Fx where x is a number 1-6.  this will bring you to one of the 6 text
only cosoles.  hit Ctrl-Alt-F9 to get back to X.

For mor like that cool little tidbit, check out this free online book (that i'm
plowing through right now).

The Linux Cookbook
dsl.org/cookbook