El dom, 13-01-2002 a las 15:35, Scott escribió:
> Can anyone direct me to what kapm-idled is and why it takes on average 60%
> of my CPU.  This is a test server with no power management enabled.  I
> want to disable it if possible.  Mandrake ProSuite 8.1 with kernel
> 2.4.8-34.
>
> The machine is strickly for Internet Connection Sharing right now.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Scott

Hi, Scott
If you have the kernel src installed:
- go to /etc/src/linux
- run make menuconfig (as root)
- Go to "General Setup"
- Go to option "Make CPU idle calls when idle", select it and press the
"Help" button.
Here you have the answer to your question.
Now, If you do not like how kapm-idled is "taking" some % of your CPU,
you can deactivate the option "Make CPU idle calls when idle" and
recompile your kernel. The kapm-idled will be there, but it will not
take any CPU.

Saludos,
óscar.

--