Lee,
   I ran into some problems with another Asus board and it was due to
a memory stick that wouldn't run at 133mhz (runs fine at 100mhz on my
old mobo) simular boot problems.  The tech at the store mentioned in
passing that certain (he couldn't remember models) Asus boards would
work with the Samsung 512meg DDR ram sticks.  Even though the ram was
good and would work in other mobo's .... don't know if this is the
case or not for you. (note solved my problem by trading out the "bad"
stick for one running in another 100mhz box.... works fine now.)  If
you know who made your ram ask the tech at MSI if they have had
problems with certain companies ram sticks.  It's a shot.

James

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 20:52:24 -0700
Lee Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I recently bought a K7T266 with an Athlon 1.3GHZ CPU and 512 MB of
DDR RAM.