That is like I had with my board (Jetway 866ASU + 1GHz Athlon, upgraded
last weekend). In my case I had the CPU clock multiplier wrong. The
manual listed all the settings for the jumpers and I tried the lowest
(x5.0) and it failed. I took all the jumpers off (not even listed) and
now it works fine. Does your board have anything similar? I guess tech
support would have talked you through this though. A lack of beeps just
means the BIOS isn't running, which could be jumper configuration, bad
CPU, bad RAM, bad BIOS or a bad mobo.

Nick.