On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, J. Grant wrote:

Hi, JG,

Thanks for the attention!

I've 'managed' it, for the time being with 'rename' but, it does not
covers all the details, i.e., on my case after long, long hours of
recording audio cassettes, mastering, signal processing and etc...
I've been using gramofile for this work and it does have 'default' name
for the recording and the final audio sample. At the beginning, it was not
a big deal but, after reaching +15Gb of *.wav samples to manage and burn
CD's....wow then it was a BIG trouble!

Thankfully, the guys from the list gave the 'rename' hint and it's working
for now.
But please let me know of any other solution.

The only question is how to find out so many 'commands' on Linux!
After the suggestion and seeing the results I went for some
explanation.... and find none, except for the man pages!

Does any body know how to find a ' list '  of resources from Linux?

Tks,

Ricardo Castanho

--
delivery NOT reliable  => [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Linux user # 102240 => Machine # 96125 => Seti@home user