AWSdS> Hi People,

AWSdS>         It's just a commentary.

AWSdS>         I really regret the day when I buy my GeForce.  Since I only found
AWSdS> out later, there's no open source drivers for such graphic-card (by now I
AWSdS> don't know).  And since Nvidia seems not be interest about Linux since
AWSdS> they don't give graphic-card parameters so Linux developers can make an
AWSdS> appropriate driver, I really recommend to not buy Nvidia products if you
AWSdS> intend to run Linux box at full power.
AWSdS>         Such Nvidia proprietary solution can make the card rock but it's
AWSdS> worse than using Winblows.

AWSdS>         Free Software and Open Source code is the *only* way for Linux.

AWSdS>         Hail GNU!

AWSdS>         Now I agree with mplayer developer guys.  Nvidia is *REALLY BAD*.

  Before doing something about nvidia, which gives its customers
  "fast, easy installable, working" drivers, I suggest you try your
  "nice advices" on the companies that does not " really " support
  linux in any way.....

  Have you ever tried to make an hsf or hcf modem work ? Have you ever
  seen i740(intel) do a 3d opengl "fast" as it should be ? ..............

  At least all of nvidia based systems I made are working flawlessly, very
  fast and reliable, and the difference with the above, they are
  working. As long as they are making my nvidia card working on linux
  better than windows, and they dont cause me trouble, I will be using
  nvidia.

  Nvidia may be closed source, but before it comes to "argue about the
  open/close source", first argue "working/not working"...

  I believe that many people are "too much keen on" nvidia, even
  though they are doing very great job compared to lots of many
  companies out there, doing nothing.

 Regards,
 Onur Kucuk