On Friday 01 February 2002 09:56, you wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-02-01 at 00:15, Harm Bathoorn wrote:

> qtcups? That's the cups printing gui. Shouldn't you use the inline
> version: lpr-cups?

Yes, but I like the extra options that gives me and at least it tells me
something is happening:)

> Changing it to qtcups, does what I would expect, and calls the gui. It's
> redundant. What's interesting is that gimp never seems to pass the print
> off to the printer. It does the pre-processing, then ... nothing. it
> just never goes anywhere. There HAS to be something really simple wrong.
>
> > I'm not sure of the other packages (GIMP rulez!:)) but I know Staroffice
> > handles .tif images well --so if you've got it installed you could use
> > that. I always use it's vector graphics capabilties to 'lay out'
> > printable pages with multiple graphics on them. Works like charm:)
>
> Hadn't thought about SO. I have it. Kind of a MAC truck for a shovel
> full fo dirt.

True! Just drag&drop the saved file to the printer. I always use that to
print out recieved faxe's cause the faxviewer (on my machine) has the same
problem.

I like gimp, and it would just be nice if I could get it
> to print.
Frankly I'm not really impressed by the quality of the GIMP printer output,
but that could be printer specific. I prefer Cups for that.

--

Harm Bathoorn.

"Sudden Death!!
Microsoft Office demands it's serial-code AGAIN!!"