na> I have been using Mandrake 8.1 for a few weeks now,
na> and I had to reinstall it yesterday. I booted it after
na> the installation and everything worked fine, but when
na> I tried to boot today the following happened:
na> Graphical Lilo came up as usual and booted into linux,
na> then I immideately got the following line on the
na> screen:
na> Booting linux....... (it might have been starting
na> linux)
na> but nothing happened, the computer did not do anything
na> (no harddrive access, etc.) until i rebooted it after
na> several minutes.
na> I don't have a bootdisk and don't want to reinstall
na> the whole system again, please help!
na> Thanks!
na> minbari

 Try to start the installation again, and choose to "update" not
 "install".

 Regards
 Onur Kucuk