On Thursday 07 February 2002 06:06 pm, mike wrote:
> Praedor Tempus wrote:
> > Go ahead and put it in your /etc/rc.local file (if it wont "take)...why
> > NOT add it to rc.local?  It will remain with every reboot.  I used to
> > have to do that several linux iterations ago for alsa, as I recall.
>
> Ok Praedor, add this : alias scsi_hostadapter1 aic7xxx ?

I wasn't refering to the alias bit.  I thought the problem was that INSPIT of
this being in modules.conf he couldn't get the module to load with each
bootup.  That being the case, screw modules.conf and aliases and simply to do
the automatic insmod bit from rc.local.

It has been done by me and many many others in the past.

praedor