On Thursday 07 February 2002 06:31 pm, mike wrote:
> Praedor Tempus wrote:
>
>  simply to do the automatic insmod bit from rc.local.
>
> I added ( does it matter where? ) insmod aic7xxx
>
> and saved.

Hi.  When I have done this before, it would be to add an entry at the top of
rc.local after all the comments but before everything else.  Lets say I
wanted to add my ethernet card module for some reason:

insmod 3c589_cs

That's all I'd enter.  I have usually erred towards caution too and entered
the whole path:

/sbin/insmod <the module you want>

It also would hurt to add a "&" after it.  This would ensure that if there is
any delay associated with loading the module, it wont prevent the rest of the
rc.local script from running without delay.

so:

/sbin/insmod <your module> &

That is what you can try.

praedor