I've had VMWare before.  It's OK but on my laptop memory and hdd space are
somewhat at a premium.  Basically, VMWare is too much for my laptop but I
just confirmed it, codeweavers wine works perfectly.

I just downloaded the latest preview release (no. 5) and it runs mspaint,
notepad, IE just fine (my initial test apps).  I KNOW it runs Half-Life
perfectly fine too (I've played it twice on linux using codeweavers wine).
No complaints, no missing libs.  It looks like codeweavers wins the day
again.

I wont be renewing my subscription to Transgaming.  It expires in 5 days.

On Thursday 07 February 2002 07:23 pm, Gérard Perreault wrote:
> Or buy VMware Express. Just 39$. You can download a free 30 day trial of
> the full version. It runs M$ Office and most windows applications. The only
> ones I have not been able to run correctly are a few very video/sound
> intensive games.
[...]