You are wanting to use a scsci driver, yes?  Perhaps someone else could get
in and address/confirm this?..I believe that a scsi parameter must be passed
to the kernel via the "append=" entry (in lilo.conf) besides adding an alias
to modules.conf.  I would assume that since simply adding the alias to the
modules.conf doesn't do it, that passing a scsi-related append statement is
called for.  I must do this to get my CDRW to work (IDE).

praedor