On Thursday 07 February 2002 07:34 pm, J. Grant wrote:
> I dont remember exactly, but i seem to remember there was a command to
> "regenerate" the module list? like ldconfig does for shared libs or
> something similar?
>
> Better than having to add it to rc.local for every module i thought..

In this case, and until a real fix could be found, it would be better to have
the function of the module as it SHOULD be working (but isn't) than to do it
the "proper" Mandrake way. The proper way seems to be failing in this case
for some reason.

Until figuring out why this is the case, there is no need to go without the
module and its functionality nor is it necessary to manually install the
module every time you bootup.  It is a workable temp fix until the real
problem can be determined.