On Tuesday 12 February 2002 06:47 pm, Carroll Grigsby wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 February 2002 06:08 pm, D. R. Evans wrote:
> > On 12 Feb 02, at 15:50, Praedor Tempus wrote:
>[...]
> > Hmmm, while I'm here, can anyone explain why www.saltlake2002.com gives
> > a blank screen in konqueror?
>
> I've run into that a couple of times -- looking in the page source code,
> I've found a trap that checks for a specific browser (guess which ones). If
> you don't have one of the "approved" browsers, you get a blank page. That's
> why some browsers (I think Konq is one) allow you to tell the world that
> you're running either IE or Netscape. The stupidest case of this I've found
[...]

Yeah, but setting your konqueror user agent to pretend to be something else
doesn't work either.  I then installed both mozilla and netscrape 4.78 and
tried with them.  Netscape cannot handle it - page doesn't exist error comes
up - but Mozilla has no problem.

I just tried the saltlake2002 site again, with user agent identifying me as
IE 5.0 on NT 5 and the same thing...initial page comes up OK for all of 1.5
seconds, with pictures, links, text, then POOF! It's gone coincident with the
site redirecting me to:
http://www.saltlake2002.com/x/f/frame.htm?u=/news/slocmain_front.asp which is
nothing but a javascript page.

I am using kde 2.2.2 so maybe 2.2.1 is OK but 2.2.2 is broken?

--
This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it.
    --John Adams, 2nd President, Founding Father, 1817