Lee Roberts writes:

> I just upgraded to a MSI K7T266 Pro with 1.3 GHZ Athlon and 512MB DDR RAM. LILO
> won't boot. I get "LI" and it hangs. An FAQ suggested that /sbin/lilo be
> executed from a boot disk to correct the problem. I did that and it still won't
> boot. So, I decided to reinstall 8.1. I still have the problem. Any solutions
> or recommendations?

Type "exit" to exit chroot, and then type "reboot" to reboot the system.

http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/errata.php3#kt266a
Error scenario: Mandrake Linux 8.1 installs flawlessly on systems with
K7T266 Pro2 Motherboards, but fails to boot after installation. Error
message is "Bad EIP value".
Why: The BiosPNP support in kernel 2.4.8 is broken for the KT266A chipset.
Solution: Press "ESC" when you see the LILO bootloader screen, and type
"linux nobiospnp". The system will boot correctly, giving you the change to
edit /etc/lilo.conf. Add the "nobiospnp" option to every "append=" line in
lilo.conf, then run /sbin/lilo, and reboot.

Joe Sotham