On Friday 15 February 2002 07:54 am, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I always seem to have this problem when I don't flush the
> master boot record. In addition, if I want to install Mandrake
> on a SCSI drive and I also have IDE drives, the LILO function
> tends to do the same thing as Lee points out. It would be nice
> to know why it is doing so, even though I have figured out my
> own workaround, just to understand. Any advice; thanks.
>
> Best Regards,
>   Chris Haidinyak

Just to add my comments, I installed 8.1 (once) using a SCSI drive as the
main drive and an ATAPI partitioned as /user and /home/foobar.
It worked beautifully.. Then I got too big fer me britches and ended up
having to reinstall.
OK, NOOOO prob, I sez, same system with no changes.
After completing the install I had the exact same problems outlined above.
Removed the ATAPI drive, reinstalled and every thing was OK <????> wierd!!!
So any light on this would help several of us,
Thanks all...

--

Ken Thompson, North West Antique Autos
Payette, Idaho

Linux- Coming Soon To A Desktop Near You
Registered Linux User #183936