Oh I certainly understand what beta means.  I was
posting this here just to let ya'll know what I ran
into in case anyone else was considering trying it.
It DOES work for me rather well but for a few
glitches.

Sound works.  Virtually everything else I've tried has
worked.  There are a few rare, random (as far as I can
tell) freezes of things like kcontrol or the konqueror
bookmark editor and a few minor glitches here and
there.  Overall for me it is working fine...and I no
longer have any silly sound problems.

I am reporting this to the kde developers as well, by
the way.

praedor
--- David Guntner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Not to sound cruel and unsympathetic here or
> anything, but what exactly did
> you think the *BETA* part of the release number
> meant?
>
> I certainly hope that you are also reporting this on
> the KDE developer's
> list, where the report will actually have a chance
> of doing some good.... :-)
[...]