The window resizing problem is mostly not there, so it
seems.  Huh?  I mean that SOME windows have done this
to me, particularly if I start a configuration utility
outside of the kcontrol.  If I configure the same
things from within kcontrol, it fits properly within
the window and screen and resizes properly.

As for running concurrent KDEs, I am not doing it
(exactly, at least, I don't have the hdd space) but it
is doable because the kde3 beta rpms install into
/opt/kde3, and qt3 installs into its own directory
separate from qt2.  I have had to reinstall a couple
of kde 2.2.2 rpms just to keep some non-kde3 apps
working (Kups and a few others...I have been going
through bloody HELL trying to get KOffice to install
and work or even get the source to build on this
system - the latest KOffice versions are still based
KDE 2.x though a few are also based on qt3.  I don't
pretend to understand THAT - qt3 yes, kde3 no?  Makes
no sense.  Qt3 and KDE 2.x are incompatible...).

Anyway, until some good, skilled soul produces a
Koffice for kde3/qt3 I have had to go with abiword and
staroffice.  Beyond that, if you have the hdd space
you could have both a full kde2 and kde3 setup running
OK.

praedor
--- Mark Weaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 19:44:20 -0800 (PST)
> "David Guntner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> thoughtfully
> uttered these words to
> ponder:
>
> > Not to sound cruel and unsympathetic here or
> anything, but what
> > exactly did you think the *BETA* part of the
> release number meant?
[...]
> Um....I "had" been thinking about possibly, MAYbe
> getting the beta
> packages and taking a look at them...but, if there
> are issues with just
> resizing windows and moving them around then i don't
> think i'm going to
> touch this monkey with a 20 foot pole!
>
> I had heard sometime back Tom Brinkman talking about
> running two
> concurent versions of KDE on one system, but I can't
[...]