Dave Sherman wrote:

> On Sun, 2002-02-17 at 17:21, J. Craig Woods wrote:
> > Of course this will work (not sure what Dave was thinking about) but
> > please do not say that this is *all* you needed to do in order to mount
> > your remote export! What no password, and are you encrypted? Surely you
> > do not have all your nmb and smb ports (138 & 139) open to the world!
> > Say it ain't so......
>
> My assumption was that his lab (and possibly his home) would be
> protected by a firewall to prevent exactly this kind of thing. See my
> direct response to Ed.
>
> Dave

I gotcha now, Dave. You were already thinking ahead about the security
issues. Eduardo, any kind of mounting, both Samba and NFS, is inherently
risky business when doing so across the internet. Do you have some
reason that would obviate the use of ssh and sftp? These methods would
provide a secure connection...

--
J. Craig Woods
UNIX/NT Network/System Administration