From: Randy Kramer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 6:52 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [expert] Remote backup

Belkie, Dan wrote:
> Can anyone recommend any data backup server software for Linux?
>
> I would like to remotely back up my office computers to my home through
the
> night. I would like to only update the data that has changed.
>
> Anyone know of anything like this?

Look into rsync.  It's what I plan to use for a similar purpose.  I have
some information here, including (I hope) a link to the rsync home page.

http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Wikilearn/RsyncInGeneral

If you find some better resources, or want to make some notes for others
to use, consider registering at
http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/TWiki/TWikiRegistration and editing or
creating pages yourself.

Randy Kramer