Randy Kramer wrote:

...>
> Part of the issue is that the directory must be specified relative to
> something.  I think it is relative to something like the rsync working
> directory, which may be different than the ftp working directory.  Thus
> the path you specify in an rsync command may need to be different than
> the path specified in an ftp command.  (And I may be all wrong about
> this -- I was very confused at the time, and, clearly, still am.)
>
> If I had to take a flying leap at this point in time, I'd try deleting
> "/pub" from the path in your command -- that seems to be what I had to
> do at the carroll.cac.psu.edu site.
>
> If anybody can clarify this, it would be greatly appreciated, and I
> would be happy to revise the appropriate paragraphs on the WikiLearn
> page.  (Or, since it is a wiki, you can register and revise them
> yourself.)
>
> regards,
> Randy Kramer

I had to do the same thing. I removed "pub" from the directory in order
to get it to read from "carroll" as well. Why this is the case is beyond
my understanding at this time. I will check into eventually after I
update this computer to LM8.2beta3 Cooker. It works great on my other
computer with some caveates.HTH

altoine