No expert here and probably I'm wrong, but taking a look at my own fstab
and what I have for the floppy, maybe adding nosuid before exec would
help.  Acording to the man page

           nosuid    Do not  allow  set-user-identifier  or  set-
                     group-identifier  bits to take effect. (This
                     seems safe, but is in fact rather unsafe  if
                     you have suidperl(1) installed.)

So unless you are using suidperl you shouldn't break anything and it
should prevent lockouts.  Otherwise I'm not sure.  To quote (sorta) Dirty
Harry, "Do you feel lucky".

James