I've been getting Usenet articles for sometime off and on using
the leafnode/fetchnews NNTP reader. I can get the groups I want to
read with no problems but fetchnews seems to go overboard, and is now
trying to get *all* news out there, even some in binaries newsgroups,
and if left to continue, it'll just fill up my /var/spool/news partition,
which I've had to move off to a higher-capacity drive partition due to
disk problems I've just started to have with a 6 year old 1.6 gig Maxtor.

I use knode to read the news, and partly because of disk problems I've
had to basically reset my /var/spool/news partition and rerun fetchnews. The
result - all sorts of odd groups including regional ones (se.foo.bar) and
the ones I usually read I can't get to, and others that have articles in
/var/spool/news (i.e., actual article files) I can't get knode to acknowledge
there are articles there. Maybe it's looking at overview files that haven't
been built yet, and not actually looking at the article files in the
directories?

Anyone here been using leafnode etc?