How old/what speed is the cdrom device you are doing the install from?
(apolgies if this has been covered as I have not been following this
thread) I have an old unit which will either read some brands of cdrw
unreliably or not all - could this be the problem (older cdroms
aparently have lower powered lasers that are not up to recordable media)

Another gotcha with older units is "padding", bringing the records up to
a defined boundary.  This is normally a music format thing but does nero
give you the option to do this? - some older units will not read it
correctly unless it is "padded"

And another - has the burn been "fixated", i.e., the session closed?
This one should be an all or nothing thing, but some older units would
not read the cd unless the session had been properly closed.

The last two are "foibles" of the firmware on older cdrom drives, though
I had an 1 yr old no-name el-cheapo laptop yesterday that suffered from
the last one (running windoze 98)

BillK