On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 01:31:02 -0600
"J. Craig Woods" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Brandon Dorman wrote:
> >
> > [root@localhost Brandon]# cdrecord -scanbus
> > Cdrecord 1.10 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2001 Jörg
Schilling
> > Linux sg driver version: 3.1.22
> > Using libscg version 'schily-0.5'
> > scsibus0:
> >         0,0,0     0) 'MATSHITA' 'DVD-ROM SR-8584A' 'n13F' Removable
CD-ROM
> >         0,1,0     1) 'PHILIPS ' 'CDD3610 CD-R/RW ' '3.08' Removable
CD-ROM
> >         0,2,0     2) *
> >         0,3,0     3) *
> >         0,4,0     4) *
> >         0,5,0     5) *
> >         0,6,0     6) *
> >         0,7,0     7) *
> >
> > My command was "cdrecord -v speed=2 dev=0,1,0 -data
> > MandrakeLinux-8.2beta3-CD1.i586.iso and it came up with a blank cd.
> > hmm.  yet writing an mp3 cd earlier that day worked fine.
>
> This is becoming the "burn from hell" session! Is your friggin iso
> corrupted? Did you run a md5sum on it? Have you tried mounting the iso,
> before you burn it, to see what it looks like. This is basic shit, and
> you should be getting a nice burn with the command you are using at the
> CLI...

Dude,
  Please keep it civil... if you can't maybe holding back a while before
you post is in order.  My Nephew is lurking on this list and at 13 I don't
think he needs to be exposed to this kind of attitude and language.  The
purpose of this list is those that can teach.  Those that can't keep
asking till they can.

James