Hi Tom,

I wrote a shell script for the same purpose.  Here it is:

#!/bin/sh

NewIP="`/sbin/ifconfig ppp0 | grep 'inet addr' | awk '{print $2}' \
 | sed -e 's/.*://'`"

if [ -e /home/rjonasz/ip.txt ]; then
    OldIP=$(cat /home/rjonasz/ip.txt)
else
    OldIP=""
fi

if [ "$OldIP" != "$NewIP" ]; then

echo $NewIP | mail -s "Foucault's IP Address has changed!" \
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
echo $NewIP > /home/rjonasz/ip.txt

fi

Hope this helps,

Randy

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Tom Badran wrote:

--
Under any conditions, anywhere, whatever you are doing, there is some
ordinance under which you can be booked.