Hello

I think my question is some kind of basic, anyway I'm needing some help.
I use a little script which inits my dxr3 card (NB: Hollywood+) and make
it available for MPlayer. Two things:
1/ the script calls insmod, so it has to be executed by root
2/ in order to work properly, it must be run after an X session is
started (I think this is a sound-related problem). So calling it in
/etc/rc.local doesn't work.

I want my girl-friend to be able to log in and play dvds, but I'd prefer
not to give her the root password and ask her to type command lines.

Tried to give the script SUID flag, owned by root: it is still executed
with the end-user privilege.

So, an idea somebody ?
TIA

François