Hello, and thanks for your answer. In fact, I solved the problem with
sudo on Hoyt's advice.

le sam 02-03-2002 à 15:34, [EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit :

> First, you can't make a script SUID. As you found out, it won't work.
Yes, I've learned it ;-)

> If you need to make it run after X initializes, consider putting it as
> an rc command in /etc/rc.d/init.d. Then either manually create the links
> to the rc5 runlevel or make the appropriate chkconfig entries in the
> script.
I tried this before sudo: it doesn't work. It looks like a user session has to be
opened in order for the insmod command to work. 3 modules are concerned, and only one
has this problem: again, it seems to me it is sound-related.

Thanks again for the advices to both of you
Best regards from Paris

François