bascule wrote:

>can someone tell me if it is possible to configure konqueror to display the
>following url properly:
>http://www.perfdynamics.com/Papers/viewmath.html

     The examples in this page use the archaic method of using special
font (Symbol font in this case), but one shouldn't use this method anymore.

1)  In HTML 4.0 standard (not all browsers are HTML 4.0 compliant, but
at least IE and Netscape6/Mozilla are) we should use entity to display
non ASCII characters.  In our case, we should π to display the Greek
letter pi, but not using
BTW, viewing under IE, the content is a total mess-up!

2)  The example use &#62; to display the '>' character but we should use
&gt; instead.  We really shouldn't follow this bad example!  As a matter
of fact, if you take a look at the HTML content, you could see it's a
tags, etc!

3)  W3 Consortium is trying to promote MathML, but I don't know when
this is going to be a reality.

     Have a nice Math day :)

     Fong