You probably didn't install it on the MBR.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Eduardo M. A. M.
Mendes
Sent: Sunday, March 03, 2002 11:24 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [expert] Help! No lilo - no nothing!

Hello

I have installed linux Mandrake on my notebook.  The installation went fine
(some errors with tcl-8.3 and xpdf rpm files) but I can't boot the system
via
lilo.   I have Windows Xp Home Edition and Mandrake 8.2beta (don't call me
crasy please) on the machine.

I can run LM 8.2 if I use the boot diskette (it didn't skip this step!!!!).
LM 8.2 is running ok. I can't run Xp since I have no boot diskette for the
OS.

How can I fix lilo so as to have a dual boot?

My notebook is Sony VAIO.

Many thanks

Eduardo