Hello

Thanks for the help.

a) I did install lilo at least a dozen times (playing compact. lba, linear,
menu etc.).

b)  I managed to get  the menu at boot time by removing the batttery and
putting it back again.  Yes, somehow SONY doesn't like changes on lilo, so by
removing any kind of power suppy from the notebook SONY's "memory" is lost
and lilo changes are accepted.

The only problem is something funny characters just before the word boot:.  I
have nmo idea what causes that.

Many thanks

Ed