Hi Ed,

a) type "man XF86Config" :P
b) Yep, get rid of it! But if 90% of the time u only use the default
mouse like me set the default layout then setup a different lilo linux
or pass an option to go into a different runlevel.

but thats more hastle

i do

$startx  to use my USB mouse (enableing the touch mouse on my laptop)

$ startx -- -layout 1 (use touch mouse)

SendCoreEvents means you can have both mice working with X at the same
time, but this is more anoying than useful for me as when i type if i
tap the touch pad mouse the cursor jumps to a differend postion when typing.

Good luck

JG

ps my XF86Config-4 file, layout 2 is default as it comes first

-----

# **********************************************************************
# Pointer section
# **********************************************************************

Section "InputDevice"

     Identifier  "mouse2"
     Driver      "mouse"
     Option "Protocol"    "IMPS/2"
     Option "Device"      "/dev/mouse"
     Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

# ChordMiddle is an option for some 3-button Logitech mice

#    Option "ChordMiddle"

EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

     Identifier  "mouse1"
     Driver      "mouse"
     Option "Protocol"    "PS/2"
     Option "Device"      "/dev/mouse1"
     Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

# ChordMiddle is an option for some 3-button Logitech mice

#    Option "ChordMiddle"

EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
     Identifier "2"