On Wednesday 13 March 2002 09:34 pm, Roy Barton wrote:
> Can anyone explain to me how to turn up the sound settings under linux?  I
> have installed a compatible sound card and get no sound from it.
>
> thanks,
>
> roy

Roy:
Not knowing which version of mandrake, which card and what "installed" means,
it's a little hard to answer. The usual problem is that the kde sound mixer
sets the volume to zero by default. If that isn't it, go to the documents
section of mandrakeuser.org, and run a search for "sound". You'll get four
pages of hits, some of which may be useful.
hth --
-- cmg