aaarrrggghhh!!!!
<alert> troll alert!!!! </alert>

--- Omnus Necromancy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> and now I pose this question to you:
>
> If your not running a server, or doing a task that
> requires linux
> specifically, why are you using it?

anyways, to satisfy your curiosity, maybe these links
will enlighten you...

http://www.linuxlinks.com/local/why.shtml
http://www.aclug.org/ACLUG/info/linuxreasons.html
http://www.tcd.ie/Political_Science/kbenoit/linuxreviewTPM.html

there are tons and tons more reasons that google can
give you.  if not for trolling, what other reasons
would you post that question?

darn it, looks like this list is becoming a magnet for
trolls. afaik, this list is for helping mandrake users
with whatever problems they encounter using the
distro. this list also helps you learn more about the
peculiarities of mandrake and its difference with
other linux distros.

to me, stick to your OSx, we dont have any problem
with that. leave us to what we want to use... and
subscribe to OSX worshipping cult-lists which i think
is a more appropriate forum for you.