>If your not running a server, or doing a task that requires linux
>specifically, why are you using it?

What else can I use which crosses almost all hardware borders, bringing the
stability, power, and culture of Unix?  It's one thing to be able to use
another Unix, or OSX (which is, of course, a very well done Unix) and get
around.  But to be able to use the same tools, use the same interface on
virtually any hardware available is pretty amazing and a potentially very
useful.  It's not necessarily about today.  I'm investing in the future.
I'm working to make Linux better and provide support for it so it can
continue on its current and future road of success.  Besides, Linux is just
so damn cool and enjoyable to use on my desktop.  Look out for KDE 3.0

Current hardware I know of that Linux runs on:

Intel x86
PowerPC
S/390 (and successors)
RS/6000 (and successors)
AS/400 (and successors)
SPARC
HP Series
PDA's
Embedded devices (too many to list)

I'm sure there's more.  Anyone else know of any?