Hello,

but if I am correct and as I talked to someone on the list a VERY
long time ago, the size of that minimal Mandrake install was in the
neighborhood of 150Meg which is still to large for what I am trying
to do.

>From what I remember, that also loaded up many extra rpm's that I did
not want as well because they would not be used.

What about the Mandrake installer?

>From the times that I have installed Mandrake, it used an xserver for
a graphical install over the network, for example, which loaded the
second stage stuff and began the install program.

What would be required to get have that as a minimal install and the
Xserver it uses. That seems to fit on a few disks? Maybe that could
be a good begining point.

cheers,
Lonnie

--