hi david

--- David Guntner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've downloaded the 8.2 ISO files and will be
> burning them to a CD when I
> get a chance (once the 8.2 Powerpack box set is in
> the store, I'll be
> picking that up).  I'm currently running 8.1.  Has
> anyone here done an
> upgrade install from 8.1 to 8.2?

im still on 8.1

> If so, how smooth  was the upgrade?

and im still downloading 8.2

> Would
> I be better off just copying my various config files
> off to the side and
> doing a clean install, formatting everything except
> /home?

i would vote for just copying your config files, doing
a clean install, and skipping the formatting of /home.
that is what i do in every upgrade i did to my system
(from 6.0 to now 8.1)

my experience is, the upgrade takes longer cause the
system is checking what rpms you already have before
it updates it...

my 01.cent.

dianne