On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 11:25:00PM -0800, David Guntner wrote:

> I've downloaded the 8.2 ISO files and will be burning them to a CD when I
> get a chance (once the 8.2 Powerpack box set is in the store, I'll be
> picking that up).  I'm currently running 8.1.  Has anyone here done an
> upgrade install from 8.1 to 8.2?  If so, how smooth was the upgrade?  Would
> I be better off just copying my various config files off to the side and
> doing a clean install, formatting everything except /home?
>
> Thoughts?  Experiences?
>
>                 --Dave
> --
>       David Guntner      GEnie: Just say NO!
>  http://www.akaMail.com/pgpkey/davidg or key server
>                  for PGP Public key

> Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

I upgraded from 8.1 which I also upgraded from 8.0 without problems.  It took about 2
hours to 8.2.  It
said there would be a problem making a boot disk because I use XFS file system but, as
with the previous
upgrade, there was no problem and I boot from the floppy all the time.  YMMV.  Good
luck.

--
Dennis Robertson  2/2 Sylvia Street  NOOSAVILLE QLD 4566
Phone: 61 7 54742343  Mob: 0419 535539