Dianne Marie Montesa wrote:

> i beg to disagree ... on mandrake apache rpms, you
> dont have to specify the DocumentRoot on its
> httpd.conf, it is specified  on commonhttpd.conf which
> is called by httpd.conf file as an Include item.

Your version must be different from mine. I have DocumentRoot specified
in http.conf, and have it commented out in commonhttpd.conf. I do *have*
to have it specified in "httpd.conf" or else it will not work. But you
seem to be saying that it must be specified in *one* of these files,
and, if that is what you are saying, you are right but you are
inaccurate in saying it must be in the commonhttpd.conf file. I, also,
was less than accurate in making a statement that read as though both
files must have DocumentRoot specified. In fact, commonhttpd.conf
clearly reads "DO NOT MODIFY THIS ONE, USE httpd.conf" for the
DocumentRoot entry. Thanks for your edification on this issue...

--
J. Craig Woods
UNIX/NT Network/System Administration

-Art is the illusion of spontaneity-