On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 09:58:48 -0500
"Ronald J. Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote and hopefully I read
right:

> civileme wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Anyway, enough said.  Your post suggests you do not understand
the
> > difference between free (libre) and free(gratuit) at all.  Nor
do you
> > appreciate that this will all go away very soon if such laws as
SSSCA
> > actually pass.  Linux, and building home computers, will both be
outlawed.

> Hopefully, saner/wiser heads will prevail. I sent my protests in
to my local
> congress people!
>
> > Freedom is not free.  Pay for it in money or pay for it in the
> > traditional manner, blood, toil, tears, and sweat.  And Freedom
is what
> > it is about, not overwhelming the world's richest men, just
assuring
> > that your computer belongs to _you_.
> >
> > Civileme
>
> Well spoken (and true)!

Civilme,

   Of all things Diane Fienstien California senator (the lack of a
cap is intended) from the Silicon Valley is the co-sponsor.  I
phoned her office yesterday and just let her know one thing.  As an
authorized rep from an ad oc businessmans group (small breakfast
club with some intresting and connected members I'm there to listen
and learn.) Her continued support of this bill would be refelected
in actions taken by us come November.  Then since I was rather PO'd
that she of all people would sponsor this lunacy, I asked what it
would take for us to offset the payments she's getting from Disney.
I could feel the person on the other ends face glow as an embarresed
stammer said ... "Let's not go there" .... sigh. 13 years in the
military to come back to a pres with a loose belt and another with
bulging pockets, and half the trains his daddy had.

James

> --
>

    /\

Dark><Lord