Maybe I'm just dense but how the heck do you create a
bootable CD these days. I'm need to make a bootable restore
CD for our public safety department. I want to put their
computer hard drive image on it and have it boot from the CD
and start imaging  automatically. I have the hard drive
image file. I have the boot floppy image. I can't get it all
onto a CD successfully. I now have two coasters which have a
perfect copy of the hard drive image file but the stinking
CD's won't boot. The computer boots from other CD's just
fine.

I'm using a 8.1 system now and have tried xcdroast,
eroaster, gcombust, and mkisofs from the CLI to no avail.
All of them complain that they can't find either the boot
image or the boot.catalog file. I have tried placing the
floppy image everywhere I can think of and it has
permissions that would allow everyone from Charles Manson to
the Pope to read it. This is frustrating because my old
system (7.1) with kisocd just worked by giving it a file
name and location. Unfortunately kisocd is no longer
supported it would appear.

README.eltorito says that the boot.catalog file will be
automatically created but doesn't say where. It also speaks
of the boot image but doesn't say where it needs to be.
Absolute paths don't find it which is totally confusing. The
CD-writing howto on LDP just points to the README.eltorito
file included with mkisofs.

What is the magic step here to make this work?

Thanks.

--
Mike Rambo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]