Jason Guidry wrote:

> Mike Rambo wrote:
> > jipe wrote:

> >>i assume that the files and directories from which to create your iso image are in
>a directory named to_be_burnt. and you're creating an iso image in ~/burn
> >>
> >>first:
> >>create iso image like this
> >>cd to_be_burnt
> >>mkisofs -v -r -T -J -pad -b boot_image -c boot.catalog -o ~/burn/image.iso .
> >>
> >>then
> >>cd ~/burn
> >>cdrecord -v speed=? dev=?,?,? image.iso
> >>
> >>replace ? with appropriate values
> >>boot_image is the image from which the cd will boot. it has to be in the cd! give
>the path from where you're creating iso.
> >>
> >>bye
> >>jipe
> >>

> Hey, Before this thread goes away...where does the image come from.  I
> tried asking a similar question a while back...I wanted to boot several
> mini-distros off the same disk.  any insight on that?

To which image do you refer? The floppy image is created
using dd (dd if=/dev/fd0 of=whatever.you.want.img) from
whatever boot floppy I happen to need at the time. The hard
drive images are created by setting up one computer how we
want it and using ImageCast to create the image. Norton
Ghost will do the same thing. You have to keep in mind
though the we're just working with Windows boxes in
classrooms and offices. I don't know if either ImageCast or
Norton Ghost support any of the various Linux partitions
(which is what it sounds like you want to do).

--
Mike Rambo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]