Hi list members,
I have a compaq armada 7400 lappy running MDK8.0
I an having some dramas mounting the cdrom drive .
this laptop has a swapable cd/dvd - floppy
ie one bay two devices .
when i open the mount directory it freezes konqueror.
if left alone for a while it evetually comes up .
I have tried commenting out the floppy in fstab as i never use the thing
this sped up the mnt action from the desktop link but if i choose to view the
mnt  directory wthin konqueror it hangs ,for about 3 minutes.
itall works but it is just very slow ,any ideas on how to tweak it would be
appreciated .
cheers
jason