The CEO of MandrakeSoft, Jacques Le Marois, recently submitted an
article, titled "Our Mandrake Club makes business sense" to Newsforge,
apparently in response to recent allegations by Newsforge (contrary btw
to the perception that they actually "champion" the open source
philosophy) that the Mandrake Club is a beg for money rather than a
legitimate subscription service.  If you'd like to set them and the
other FUD commenters straight before the article goes off the front
page, here's the link:

http://newsforge.com/newsforge/02/04/05/0021253.shtml?tid=3

You can post comments or responses to comments to Mr Marois's article at
that address.  It's likely your words could swing some folk's opinions
to the positive, since lurkers abound at that place.  I'm worried that
the negative comments or press will badly impact subscriptions to the
Mandrake Club, which will be an extremely "bad thing" (tm).

I'm starting to get a little peeved and suspicious of Newsforge with
regard to who exactly are they serving and where their reporters are
exactly getting paid from. (under the table or otherwise.)  MandrakeSoft
has taken some really uncalled for hits over there, and that place is
considered by many to be a bastion and fort for open source.  Instead,
they don't seem to be pushing support at all; rather, the opposite seems
to be happening.  This from an Open Source publication!

I can see where journalists could be bought off from within the open
source world.  Not like it hasn't already happened in the big three
networks.  Anyways,  heads up.

Cheers,

LX

--
Kernel  2.4.8-26mdk     Mandrake Linux  8.1