[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Is anyone running the Klyx latex frontend? Since at least the version
>shipped with KDE 2.0 it has been unusable because the background and
>foreground colors are black. If I do a highlight of the text area it
>will show that there is in fact proper text, but it is impossible to
>use. I'm checking this on Mandrake 8.2 Download, but have noticed the
>problem as far back as 8.0.
>
>If someone doesn't mind, can you please start Klyx, create a new
>document, then check if the text is visible.
>

>Thanks,
>Kwan

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

OK--loaded KLyX under 8.2 and the error you cited doesn't reproduce
here, _BUT_, I have the KDE settings as follows

KDE Control Center=>LookNFeel=>Style=>Apply fonts and Colors to Non-KDE
Apps (That is UNchecked, because I don't like KDE colors in my emacs)

Changing that made no difference--I still have black on Peach. Usually
it is possible to set the background and foreground colors with a
selection in the WM or in themes.

Civileme

Civileme