[EMAIL PROTECTED] grabbed a keyboard and wrote:

> I am running LM 7.2 with graphical logging enabled.  Yet when booting,
> the login screen with the big (or semi-big) penguin comes up all the
> time.  It goes away after a while anyway and the graphical login screen
> pops up, yet this intermediate stage is annoying and I would like to
> skip it altogether and go straight to the graphical login screen.
>
> What needs to be done?

I don't believe that there's anything you *can* do about it.  It's a normal
part of the bootup function.  When the system hits the point where it's
ready to accept logins, the regular text login screen appears.  X takes a
bit longer to load, and at that point, the system knows that you want it
(and it's ready to give it to you for your login screen), and starts it up.
Short of buying a faster machine to reduce the amount of time that the text
login screen appears, there really isn't anything I can think of that you
can do about it. :-)

                 --Dave
--
      David Guntner      GEnie: Just say NO!